Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tale Four- Memories are Time Consuming

So the reason I didn't blog yesterday (if anyone out there cares) is that I was busy working on a project. I was putting together a DVD. Over the course the summer I photographed and filmed special moments: on vacation, spending time with friends, footage from the concert I went to in June. It was pretty great summer and I want to remember it. Hence, the DVD.

Anyways, I had various pictures and video footage, which thanks to me being OCD, we're neatly sorted into folders and files on my laptop, and I had the blank DVDs I needed (LightScribe compatible). So when I opened Movie Maker at around 5:30 last night, I thought it would just take me a few hours. For those of you who havn't used Movie Maker, it's a pretty straightforward process, and it wasn't my first time at the rodeo, I've used it to make several videos. I guess what they say about assuming is true.

To make a rather annoying long story short, by the time I had arranged all the videos and photos the way I wanted them in Movie Maker, including adding all the bells and whistles to make it interesting. It was ..... wait for it .... MIDNIGHT!!! Well, probably more like 11:30, but midnight sounds more dramatic. I then started the always lengthy process of burning the video to the blank DVD and took a shower. The disc didn't finish burning until at least 2, 2:15. But, in case you we'ren't paying attention, I'd also decided to LightsScribe my own custom design on the disc. Which all in all, didn't take more than 20 minutes, but still. Meanwhile, I also read a chapter in the Bible as part of a task I undertook over a year ago, but more about that later. To summarize, I finally curled up in my bed and went to sleep at a whopping hour of 3AM!!

That's my crazy day, so please accept my apologies for not blogging. Though, I'm still not sure anyone's reading this, lol. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to enjoying a night of nothing but TV and maybe some popcorn (Yum). Stay tuned.

-"Jane"

No comments:

Post a Comment