Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tale Three- Simply Put: "Downsized"



Have you seen this show called "Downsized". If you havn't, let me tell you about it. It's a reality show (yes, another one) about this great family, the Bruces. The Bruces are a blended family who were hit really hard by the economy. I know, that initial summary sounds depressing. The thing is, it's actually really inspiring when you sit down and watch it, especially to me personally.

Here is a family who are going through an awful time, and yet, they're not just throwing in the towel. They're not giving up. They're still trying despite the fact that money's tight and they're trying to raise 7 kids (remember, blended family). This is something I whole-heartedly support, and I'm very moved by, because this is something I have to try and do in my life.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna go into some sob story about my life. That's not the point of my blog. But my point here is this: We all have to keep trying, no matter how bad things are. If something isn't working out how you want, figure out what you can do to change that, and do that. If that doesn't work out, try some other plan. The main thing is to keep trying until either it works out, or you reach the ultimate point of no return in that situation. Now who says reality TV can't teach us anything, lol. Stay strong Bruce family, and know that you all are headed for some great things. In fact, you're already there with the show, which, while I can't speak for anyone else, I know is helping this 19 year old girl move forward in her life, no matter what.

On that note peeps, I'm gonna get my Tuesday night reality show fix. TTYL

"Jane"

No comments:

Post a Comment